The Product Owner is a member of the Scrum Team who is accountable for maximizing the value of the Product by managing the Product Backlog items regularly. The entire team has to respect the decisions of the Product Owner to bring value and success to the organization. Anyone can become a Product Owner easily with proper guidance and experience in the field.
Product Owners coordinate with Stakeholders and understand the Product requirements that need to be done to reach their expectations. In addition to that, being aware of the product and informed about its life cycle is equally important. Now, if you want to become a Product Owner and get a recognizing position, then getting the Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification from Scrum Alliance is the first step. There are different levels under CSPO certification and various institutes offering training on CSPO certification courses. Let’s move further to understand the different Product Owner certification levels.
1. CSPO certification:
CSPO or Certified Scrum Product Owner is the foundation certification that involves setting up the Vision and Product Backlog along with taking care of Stakeholder requirements. If you are a Product Owner who is familiar with the Agile Scrum framework, then take up this course is very beneficial.
Benefits of CSPO certification:
There are several benefits that one could obtain from CSPO certification. A few of them are listed below:
- Learning & Implementing: You get to learn the core knowledge of the Product, and you can implement it as well
- Improvement is an ongoing process: In an Agile community, you get to adopt improvement continuously
Along with the benefits mentioned above, when you become CSPO, you get more opportunities. In addition to that, you also avail of membership in the Scrum Alliance group for a period of two years. This assists you in creating your network with fellow CSPOs from all around the world through seminars, social networks, etc.
The value of CSPO certification is quite beneficial for your career. Believe it or not, after the certification, a new feather adds to your hat.
Are you eligible?
There are no particular criteria to make you eligible for the job of Product Owner. If you have an interest in CSPO and you are looking forward to becoming a Product Owner, then get certified in this.
Training & Certification Fee
The CSPO training is provided by experienced instructors certified by the Scrum Alliance. The course fee includes case studies, simulations, theory as well as practices, training material, certification fee. This means you don’t have to pay anything extra after submitting it. Another best thing about this course is, you don’t have to prove yourself by giving an exam. After successful completion of the course, you will be asked to accept the CSPO license agreement and download the PDF certificate.
Validity & renewal process
After completing the two days of training, candidates receive a CSPO certification from the Scrum Alliance. The certification is valid for two years from the date you received it and needs to be renewed.
2. A-CSPO Certification
If you are holding CSPO certification and know about the Product Backlog and its optimization, then advancing your career with A-CSPO certification is right for you.
What will you learn?
There are several things that you might learn with the help of A-CSPO certification, and they are as follows-
- You get to learn multi-business products that too from the competing users
- You get to work further on the optimization of Product Backlog
- You get to work on your product’s best features to meet the expectations of your clients and the satisfaction of your customers on time
- You get involved in making Agile products as well as you get to communicate them to the final users
- You get to use the product lines and their opportunities
- You can identify as well as make a product that holds business value
- You get to deliver results of a real business as you become the Product Owner
Along with these things, you also get a lot of benefits after taking up this course. Your implementation skills improve, you become an expert as well as a leader.
Unlike the CSPO certification course, in the advanced course, you have to meet eligibility criteria. If you want to register for the A-CSPO course certification,
- You must complete the certification of CSPO from Scrum Alliance.
- Demonstrate work experience of a year in the role of Product Owner (in past five years)
After that, you can easily take up the course of Advance CSPO at any point in time. Let’s learn more about other higher Product Owner certification levels.
3. CSP-PO certification
To receive CSP-PO certification, you need to have the knowledge of Agile as well as Scrum that is applied in day-to-day work. The CSP-PO stands for Certified Scrum Professional- Product Owner. This certification is crucial for leveling up your role as Product Owner and your career in the IT industry. When you take up this course, you get to attend the finest CSP events along with the leaders from the Scrum and Agile industry. In addition to that, you gain respect among co-workers and can demand higher pay. However, to be eligible for this certification, you must hold an A-CSPO certification.
- With CSP-PO certification, one can attend the Certified Scrum Professional events in the industry with different leaders and experts of Scrum.
- This certification gives you more respect and salary among the peers.
- It gives the ability to become CST, CEC or CTC
- With this certification, one can have access to Scrum Alliance platinum membership
Now you might have got the gist of Product Owner certification levels.